mu Space Corp, a satellite manufacturer, and satellite internet service provider, held its 2nd annual event, TECHDAY 2022. The event, which took place at the company’s facility, mu Space Factory 1, showcases the company’s products of 2022, plans for transitioning into 2023, and the announcement of their biggest facility, mu Space Mega Factory. The event welcomed stakeholders from all across the board, including investors, customers, clients, the public media, and mu Space’s employees. James Yenbamroong, the founder of mu Space led the event alongside senior tech leads, additionally, the company also welcomed two guest speakers from Amazon Web Services.
The event showcased mu Space products, these include 2 models of S-Band Patch Antennas, an Electrical power system (EPS), a Reaction Wheel, Power System products, and the mu-B200 small satellite itself. The power system products include a frequency converter, a power box, a telecommunication battery pack, and a portable battery pack, all were on display at TECHDAY 2022. Addition to the battery products being on display, mu Space also revealed its breakthrough with solid-state batteries. The company successfully developed the hybrid solid-electrolyte whose internal resistance value meets the functional threshold, resulting in the solid-state battery being able to operate. This was demonstrated by using the solid-state battery to light up an LED bulb, and the results were displayed as pictures to audiences at TECHDAY 2022. Lastly, the company also announced its plans for its latest satellite production project, the mu-B500. The satellite, weighing around 500 kilograms and housing a communication payload, will connect directly to communication tools.
Joining TECHDAY 2022 were guest speakers from Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ms. Adila Abdul Satar and Mr.Laurent Tran Dien, who spoke about AWS products, services, and how AWS relates to mu Space vision. As mentioned above, mu Space’s latest satellite product the mu-B500 will have the design to house payloads with the ability to link directly with devices, therefore the company and AWS share a common goal in further innovating satellite technology.
Apart from products, mu Space also revealed its plan for its biggest facility, mu Space Mega Factory. The idea of the plan came from the drive to scale production and to have a sustainable manufacturing facility. mu Space Corp gives paramount considerations to alternative energy sources, sustainable production, recycling processes, and reducing CO2 emissions. Apart from these revelations to the public, mu Space also announced that the factory would be built with high-grade materials, with 80% of the construction material being sourced locally while the remaining 20% being other innovative materials. The facility is planned to cover 200,000 square meters, however, it will begin at 20,000 square meters, the factory will boost the production capacity to around 1,000,000 units, and construction is expected to begin in 2025.
James Yenbamroong, mu Space CEO & CTO, had the following to say upon the Mega Factory:
“The size of the Mega Factory is set to be around 200,000 sq.m., as for the production capacity is at 1 million units, if we achieve this through a lot of hard work, we will be able to rapidly grow as a company”
mu Space looks forward to a successful 2023 and strives to use space technology to positively impact one’s well-being. Space and Earth are closer than ever before, and both rely on each other to function, and in recent times this goes for space technology as well. People increasingly rely on space technology with applications ranging from weather forecasting, communications, and entertainment, to national security. mu Space will do its utmost effort to connect people to space more easily and affordably.
You can watch our LIVE broadcast at…
Facebook Page: https://fb.watch/hiMVgSxGVH/
YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/XfvLnPt-eX4