- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Work closely with optical engineers, satellite team, and business development team to design, test, and document photonic components of optical-based products.
Coordinate and manage developments for optical-based products with different teams that are relying on related work as an interface technology from the optical design, electronics, as well as business teams.
Maintain a tight schedule and cost control.
Apply optics and photonics knowledge to our optical product development along the full product cycle.
Manage requirements for inter-satellite laser communication systems and related components.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Physics, Applied Physics, Engineering, or related field with emphasize on photonics.
Detailed knowledge or experience in optics subject. (e.g., geometrical optics, physical optics, nonlinear optics, optical instruments, laser fundamentals, fibre optics)
Solid background in practical experience with diode laser and optical experiment setup.
Experience in optoelectronic and/or RF measurement equipment.
Knowledge/experience in optimization modeling and very good understanding of optical simulation and imaging.
Great passion in technical products, new developments, and high technology.
Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, creativity, highly self-motivated, ability to work independently and collaborate on cross-functional teams.
Good in English communication skills, especially, listening and speaking. Be able to communicate within cross-cultural environment.
- PhD in Physics, Applied Physics, Engineering, or degree with emphasize on optics and photonics research.
- Experience leading development of commercial optical products.
- Experience with hardware development for high-reliability applications.
- Ability to evaluate risk and perform design and development decisions without available data is highly advantage.
- Ability to use and/or programing project management platform such as monday.com, hive, asana, or clickup is highly advantage.
- Knowledge/experience in lasers, photodetectors, fiber optics, optical characterization, ultrafast nanophotonics, precision metrology techniques, optical component testing with troubleshooting techniques is highly advantage.
- Knowledge/experience in MATLAB, Python, or C/C++.
- Knowledge/experience in optical simulation software. (e.g, Ansys Lumerical, COMSOL, CST Studio, or Optiwave)