- Conduct process development of active materials, particularly solid electrolytes, to meet product requirements and R&D objectives
- Develop test plans and experimentation protocols, technology assessment studies, and conducts technical projects
- Contribute significantly in the lab – perform electrochemical and physical characterization experiments, improve existing characterization tools, and develop new tools as needed
- Apply diagnostics to investigate cell and electrolyte reactions and conduct failure mode analysis to identify root causes and generate novel solutions
- Analyze battery test data, communicate results to the team, and suggest new pathways for development
- Troubleshoot conflicting design/development requirement
- Science or Engineering degree from an accredited college or university. Fields of study –Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, and Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of materials or Electrolyte synthesis processes focused on high-efficiency energy storage technologies such as lithium-ion batteries, supercapacitors.
- Knowledge of lithium-ion battery manufacture, characterization, and failure analysis.
- Experience with electrochemical measurements and Battery analysis such as cyclic voltammetry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, and other common methods
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize assignments, and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated, energetic, willing to learn Comfortable with a “hands-on” approach to getting things done.
- Specialize in Li-ion battery field (preferred)